Immunity from seizure
Part 6 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 provides immunity from seizure for cultural objects which are loaned from overseas to temporary public exhibitions in approved museums or galleries in the UK where the conditions are met when the object enters the UK.
For further information about the act and the regulations please refer to the Department for Culture, Media and Sport website
The conditions are:
- The object is usually kept outside the UK
- The object is not owned by a person who is resident in the UK
- Importing the object does not contravene any law
- The object is brought into UK for the purpose of a temporary public exhibition at an approved museum or gallery
- The museum or gallery has published information about the object
The following objects are intended to form part of the exhibition Primrose: Russian Colour Photography 1870 - 1970 (25 July - 19 October 2014) for which immunity from seizure is being sought.
Download a list of loans for Primrose: Russian Colour Photography 1870 - 1970.
For further enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
The Photographers' Gallery
16-18 Ramillies Street