Workshops & Courses
Schools Workshop: Exhibitions
Booking now for 2014
Nadia Bettega leads a workshop with pupils. Photo: Camille Beckmann
Instillation Image, Under the Influence: John Deakin and The Lure of Soho, © Kate Elliott, 2014
John Deakin, Jeffrey Bernard, Cambridge Circus, London, 1950s
Using the John Deakin exhibition as a starting point, these workshops will encourage participants to select works that interest them and use this as a starting point for discussion and for practical work in the Eranda Studio.
During the workshop, pupils will:
Be introdcuced to the work of photographer John Deakin.
Consider the importance of;
- portraiture in a studio vs location environment,
- roles and relationships of photographer,
- photography as a historical record,
- composition, crop, prop, posture in portrait photography,
- portraiture in commercial and community contexts including editorial decision making.
Suitable for all ages and abilities.