Final year shows traditionally mark a pivotal moment in the journey of photography students and offer a significant opportunity to share their work with their peers, collectors, curators, institutions and the public. Due to Covid-19, many of this year’s graduates will sadly be missing out on this rite of passage, so as a small gesture of support, The Photographers' Gallery is handing over their Instagram channel to showcase a selection of work from the Class of 2020.
From a long-list nominated by course leaders from Photography courses across the UK, via the Association for Photography in Higher Education, The Photographers’ Gallery selected 24 graduates, whose work was felt to best represent the breadth and diversity of future photographic talent.
Each day of the takeover, @ThePhotographersGallery will showcase the work of two graduates along with additional biographical info and contact details.
The selection process for TPG #InstaGradTakeovers 2020 was led by TPG’s Senior Curator, Karen McQuaid with Social Media Programmer, George Osei-Prempeh and input from TPG Director, Brett Rogers, OBE.
The #InstaGradTakeovers selection:
- Lauren Mason, University of Brighton
- Sam Hadfield, Belfast School of Art at Ulster University
- Abby Poulson, Swansea College of Art
- Paul Romans, University of Westminster
- Katie Wildsmith, University of Huddersfield
- Joseph Clark, Glasgow School of Art
- Joss Mathews, Kingston School of Art
- Hollie Brook, University of Roehampton
- Fra Beecher, UWE Bristol
- Gisela Torres, University of Westminster
- Eva Watkins, UWE Bristol
- Keiron Caynes, University of the Arts
- Georgina Abreu, Falmouth University
- Harriet Moore, University of the Arts
- John Gurung, University of Hertfordshire
- You Hah Kim, London College of Communication
- Katie Luna Goldfinch, University for the Creative Arts
- Sean Kemp, Glasgow School of Art
- Kaylee Francis, Swansea College of Art
- Tami Aftab, London College of Communication
- Johann Koop, Coventry University
- Samuel Horn, University of Brighton
- Teodora Georgieva, Middlesex University
- Michael Swann, UWE Bristol