These terms and conditions of membership should also be read in conjunction with the terms and conditions of use for TPG’s website.
Please note that acceptance of your membership application and receipt of your membership fee by TPG creates a valid and legally binding contract between you and TPG, which is governed by these terms and conditions.
1.1 In these terms and conditions, the following words have the following meanings:
- Member means you and/or any other member of the TPG membership scheme (depending on the context in which it is used). Please note that these terms and conditions apply to all members including young, individual, member plus guest, young patrons, patrons, director’s circle and TPG council supporters.
- Membership card means the card(s) provided to you by TPG confirming that you are a member.
- Membership fee means the money you have paid to TPG to become a member.
- Membership period means the date from which TPG receives your membership fee to the date on which your membership expires. This will usually be 12 months from the date that we process your membership application or renewal. The term of your membership period is set out on your membership card.
- TPG Enterprises means TPG’s trading division and is a private company registered in England & Wales (Registered company no. 2893731).
2. Your details
2.1 During your time as a member we will collect information about you to personalise your experience of membership. We collect information about you in a variety of ways including, but not limited to:
2.1.1 when you join as a member;
2.1.2 each time you use your membership card(s) to visit exhibitions, shop in our bookshop or café;
2.1.3 when you make bookings for TPG talks, events, courses and workshops;
2.1.4 when you make a purchase in the TPG bookshop in store;
2.1.5 when you create online user accounts;
2.1.6 when you respond to TPG emails.
2.2 All information that you provide to TPG will be processed and held in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and all other applicable UK and EU law.
2.3 You agree that personal details provided to TPG may be used for administrative purposes to fulfil your membership rights and provide membership services to you. In some cases, we work with external suppliers to provide certain services. All data is transferred securely, and all external suppliers have signed data processing and confidentiality agreements with TPG.
2.4 As part of your membership, from time to time TPG and TPG Enterprises may also send you information about forthcoming exhibitions, events and other activities to support our aims where we feel these would be of interest to you. We may contact you by post, telephone and/or email.
2.5 You are responsible for informing us of changes to your personal details.
2.6 TPG does not collect or process sensitive personal data such as race, ethnic origin, physical or mental health, political or philosophical views or sexual orientation.
2.7 Subject to clause 2.3 TPG will never sell, rent or exchange your details with any other organisation outside of TPG and TPG Enterprises.
3. Subscription fees and payment
3.1 All members will pay an annual membership fee. TPG reserves the right in its absolute discretion to change the membership fee each year.
3.2 Your membership is valid from the day that your membership fee is received by TPG in cleared funds and your membership is processed and will usually be valid for 12 months unless, for example you have purchased a longer membership period. If you do not renew your membership it will expire automatically at the end of the membership period unless it is renewed in accordance with clauses 3.4 or 3.5 below.
3.3 Upon expiry of your membership you will no longer be a member and you will no longer be entitled to receive any membership benefits.
3.4 Renewal by Direct Debit: When each membership period comes to an end, TPG will send you a renewal reminder. If you do not wish to renew your membership you must inform TPG at the earliest opportunity and preferably at least 10 days before the end of your membership period. See below the Direct Debit Guarantee for details.
3.5 Renewal by cash, cheque, and credit/debit card: When each membership period comes to an end, TPG will send you a renewal reminder, and your membership will be cancelled unless and until a further membership fee payment is received from you.
3.6 In order to comply with HMRC guidelines. TPG is not able to accept CAF cheques as payment for young member, individual member or member plus guest levels. TPG is able to accept CAF cheques as payment for the donation portion of all patronage types.
3.7 TPG reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate your membership if in its reasonable opinion you behave in a way which is considered to be harassing, causing distress or inconvenience to other members, any visitor to TPG, any member of TPG staff or any directors, trustees, patrons, donors or other supporters of TPG or you breach any of these terms and conditions.
3.8 Subject to any statutory right to cancel, your membership fee is non-refundable once payment has been received by TPG.
3.9 Membership rights are not transferrable.
3.10 Membership rights shall cease on a member’s death or an individual ceasing to be a member.
4. Your membership benefits
4.1 As a member of TPG you are entitled to:
4.1.1 Membership card(s).
4.1.2 Unlimited entry to exhibitions within public opening hours and in line with last admission times.
4.1.3 Invitation to our exhibition previews 3 times per membership year.
4.1.4 TPG Gallery Guide 3 times per membership year.
4.1.5 You are also permitted to bring as many guests as your membership type allows.
4.2 The different types of membership are as follows:
4.2.1 Young member – admits yourself.
4.2.2 Individual member – admits yourself.
4.2.3 Member plus Guest – admits you plus one guest.
4.3 Membership cards are non-transferrable.
4.4 For a full list of patronage benefits please contact the development department email@example.com
5. Publications and other materials
5.1 Unless stated otherwise, copyright and all other rights in all publications and materials supplied to you by TPG are owned by TPG. Members may not reproduce, transmit, distribute, sell or commercially exploit these materials without the prior written consent of TPG or to the extent expressly permitted by law.
6.1 Subject to clause 6.3, and to the extent possible by law, TPG excludes all liability to members or to any other third party for any loss of profit, or any special, incidental or consequential damages (however arising, including negligence) arising out of, or in connection with services, benefits and/or products supplied by TPG or TPG Enterprises.
6.2 Subject to clause 6.3, the liability of TPG to you is limited to the amount of your annual membership fee.
6.3 Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes liability for death or personal injury caused by TPG’s negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Direct Debit Guarantee
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit TPG will notify you (normally 10 working days) in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request TPG to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by TPG or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when TPG asks you to
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify TPG by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org