The Photographers' Gallery, 16-18 Ramillies Street, London W1F 7LW UK
General Opening Hours
Monday (& Bank Holidays): Closed
Tuesday – Wednesday: 10.00 – 18.00
Thursday – Friday (Lates): 10.00 – 20.00
Saturday: 10.00 – 18.00
Sunday: 11.00 – 18.00
£5 / £2.50 Concessions. Members go free.
Other discounted entry: 18s & under go free. ICOM cardholders go free. Concessions and discounted entry for Art Fund Cardholders (National Art Pass), Disabled (disabled companion goes free), Unwaged (with proof of eligibility), Senior 60+ (with ID), Student (with ID).
General Admission gives you entry to all paid exhibitions on the day of your visit.
To visit our current exhibitions we ask you to book in advance online, or by calling +44 (0)20 7087 9300. Walk-ups are welcome, but you may have to wait if we are at capacity.
We ask that all visitors wear face masks to keep everyone safe.
I loved everything about my visit. There was nothing you could do better. Hurrah for the staff and curators, including those who get little mention (at the front desk and cafe)Gallery Visitor
Covid Safety Measures
What social distancing and hygiene measures do you have in place?
- We advise booking a timed ticket for entrance to the exhibitions so that we can limit the number of visitors in the building
- All exhibition tickets are timed for one-hour slots. We suggest you allow one hour to see all our exhibitions. Once you leave the exhibition, re-admission is not permitted. Last entry is one hour before the Gallery closes
- All visitors are required to wear a face covering in line with government and health guidelines
- Please follow one-way systems as advised where-ever possible
- We have installed protective screens at key till points for added protection and all visitor relations staff will be wearing appropriate PPE and following additional health and safety measures
- Please use the hand sanitiser available in key areas around the building
- Visitors to the café, bookshop, and print sales will be asked to observe social distancing measures and use hand sanitiser before entering
- Please keep your distance from others, follow the guidance, and observe maximum room capacities.
Will I need to wear a mask or face covering?
Yes. All visitors are required to wear a face covering in line with government and health guidelines.
How does the one-way system operate?
Visitors to the galleries will be asked to ascend via the lift directly to the top (5th) floor and to make their way through each gallery via the stairwell. If you have difficulty walking or using stairs, please notify our staff at the Welcome Desk upon arrival and they will be able to assist you.
Visitors to the café, bookshop, and print sales will be asked to observe social distancing measures and use hand sanitiser before entering.
How long am I allowed in the galleries?
All exhibition tickets are timed for one-hour slots. We suggest you allow one hour to see all our exhibitions. Once you leave the exhibition, re-admission is not permitted. Last entry is one hour before the Gallery closes.
Educational Group Visits
For schools, youth & community groups, colleges and universities
Please note: In order to remain Covid-compliant we have changed our group booking arrangements.
Tuesday-Friday, during Gallery opening hours, group visits will be limited to 18 people (including group leaders) for a 45-minute visit to the exhibitions. Larger groups will be split into groups of up to 18 or less and allocated separate times.
Admission is £1 per person including group leaders. Please pay on arrival.
18 or under: admission is free.
To arrange a group visit please copy and paste the following required information list into the message section of the "Book a Group Visit" button underneath:
- Subject Header: Group Visit
- Your name and mobile number
- The name and location of the school/college/university
- The number of students, and their age/level
- The number of group leaders
- The date and time of your planned visit
- An alternative date and time (if possible)
For general enquiries, please contact our Visitor Relations team on +44 (0)20 7087 9300 or email email@example.com.
Schools & Young People
+44 (0)20 7087 9323
+44 (0)20 7087 9312
+44 (0)20 7087 9320
Our main reception, media wall and café are positioned on the Ground Floor.
There are toilet facilities on Floors 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5.
We have three main Gallery spaces on Floors 2, 4 & 5 accessible by lift or stairs.
Our Bookshop and Print Sales Gallery are located on the Lower Ground Floor.
We welcome all visitors and will do our best to accommodate specific needs but please do let us know in advance if there is anything in particular we can help with (+44 (0)20 7087 900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org).
The building is DDA compliant and has a lift to all floors. The main entrance is at street level on Ramillies Street, off Great Marlborough Street.
We have wheelchair accessible toilets and baby changing facilities on the third and fifth floors.
Assistance dogs are welcome. A water bowl is available on request.
We programme British Sign Language-led or interpreted, as well as audio-described, exhibition tours. Entry to talks and events is free for companions accompanying visitors with a disability.